4.15.2006

How Deep the Father's Love for Us...

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch a treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon a cross
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Stuart Townsend

1 comment:

  1. I really like that song, and everytime I open your blog I start singing it...that's a nice way to start the day ;)

    ReplyDelete