11.16.2010

Thankful Tuesday- Inspired by Hoot-n-Annie

I was taking a quick glance through my Google Reader before writing this post (okay I should say simultaneously as I'm a "3-windows-open-with-15-tabs-a-piece-kind-of-gal") and Hoot-n-Annie's post "Thankful Tuesday" popped up. Her blog is relatively new to me but I love it- I think it took me about 2.5 seconds to add her to my list of must-reads! The reminder to be thankful was just what I needed today. I'm in the middle of a practicum to finish my education degree. I'm not even sure I want to be a teacher anymore which means I've been seeing a lot more of the negative in life lately. But isn't it always better to look on the bright side?

I am thankful for:

My hubs who has been extremely understanding about me doubting my future as a teacher. <3



My Kindle with its 8 Sookie Stackhouse novels- guilty pleasure and oh-so-addicting.



Heated/electric blankets- the weather has taken a turn for the nasty cold today and cuddling up under it is magnificent.


The alarm not going off this morning. I woke up with more than enough time to get ready but those extra 20 minutes of sleep were much needed.

This is not my alarm clock but I wish it was. From robstephaustralia's Flickr


A large glass of very icy Diet Pepsi. One of my favourite treats lately!
(True story: I told my students I had a treat for them to go along with their weekly poem, the "treat" was a musical version of the poem which greatly disappointed them as they were expecting candy. No, 6 and 7 year olds, I'm not giving you a lollipop at 8:45 am!!!!!!! It also resulted in a two minute explanation of how the word "treat" does not always mean candy.)

So now that I've reminded myself what I am thankful for I am going to curl up in my electric blanket beside my hubs, drink an icy Diet Pepsi and read some Sookie Stackhouse.

Perfect end to a Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. oh goodness, the sookie stackhouse series is def a guilty pleasure of mine. i have every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete